HONING THE CRAFT
High school-aged individuals are at a critical point in their growth and development as an athlete. This is a time where their bodies are able to change and adapt more than ever. But, the injury rate for high school athletes is at its peak. The volume and pattern overload of sport-specific movement placed on these young kids has increased dramatically over the years.
At P1, we provide strength and structure as growth continues, allowing high school athletes to develop healthy bodies and habits that will move with them into the future.
Watch the video
- Ensure Peak Height Velocity (PHV)
- Provide strength and structure as growth continues
- Focus on balance, agility, and coordination
SYSTEMATIC WEIGHT GAINS
There is a big difference between encouraging growth and forcing growth. Our weight room protocol for high school athletes follows a proven progressive load system created by one of the premier trainers in the world. This system features weekly changes in exercise selection, volume, and intensity making for a dynamic and effective program for young athletes.
BECOMING A COMPLETE ATHLETE
At performance one, our high school movement protocol focuses on linear (acceleration/absolute), lateral COD, multi-directional (forward, backward), and resisted/assisted movement patterns and sprint work. Our primary aim is to develop a multi-faceted athlete, and for this reason, we place a large emphasis on the efficiency of various movement patterns and the transferability to the sport of play.
INTENTION - WEEK 1
• Learn proper intention of muscle action while performing each assigned exercise
• Moderate volume (5-8 reps) MODERATE intensity
• Standard tempo with isometric pauses to GAIN intention on concentric
MOVEMENT & SPEED
• Linear, lateral, multi-directional (forward/backward)
• Technical drills
• Application drills
• Resisted and assisted movement patterns and sprints
CELLULAR - WEEK 2
• High volume (8-15 reps) LOW to MODERATE intensity
• HIGH tempos (longer repetition speed and more time under tension)
• Short rest periods to stimulate hypertrophy (muscle growth)
EXTREME NEURAL - WEEK 3
• Max week of EXTREME HIGH intensity (90%+) and LOW volume (1-4 reps)
• Explosive tempos with the intention of moving heavy weight FAST (contact sports); or moving lighter loads with variable loading FAST (speed/power sports)
• Specific sport of play is most relevant at this week
• Team training
• Small group
GAINING A COMPETITIVE EDGE WITH PERFORMANCE ONE
At Performance One, our training focuses on reinforcing the fundamentals in every area— speed, agility, balance, strength, power, and endurance. Because of our methods, an athlete in any sport, performing at any level, can see huge improvements in their game after just a few short weeks.